Overview Agreements Parents and guardians can agree to arrangements concerning the day-to-day care, upbringing decisions and/or contact with a child through various means. The assistance of a private lawyer, through a Parenting Information Course such as Parenting Through Separation, or through Family Dispute Resolution (FDR). If a dispute arises about that agreement they cannot have its terms enforced by the Family Court, unless the agreement/s have been included in a court order.

“The information posted on this website is prepared for a general audience, without investigation into the facts of any particular case. This information is no substitute for legal advice and does not create a lawyer-client relationship; you are advised to consult with a lawyer on any legal issue.”