Five key tips
- Obtain support from a lawyer, doctor, police, psychologist or other professional.
- Psychological abuse such as controlling behaviour is still serious domestic violence.
- Verbal abuse is also a serious form of domestic violence and also unacceptable.
- Maintain a regular routine and healthy lifestyle. If you are unable to sleep properly, please consult your GP.
- Keep a diary and document in an organised way key events and incidents. Any recurring domestic violence can affect the contact that you or your partner have with your children.
I am a senior divorce lawyer. I am one of the few divorce and divorce lawyers that has extensive experience in both family and also criminal law. I can help domestic violence victims going through separation and in particular help to ensure that they have regular, unsupervised access to their children. For more information on father’s rights, please click here.
“The information posted on this website is prepared for a general audience, without investigation into the facts of any particular case. This information is no substitute for legal advice and does not create a lawyer-client relationship; you are advised to consult with a lawyer on any legal issue.”