We handle international parenting and custody disputes, child abduction cases (governed by the Hague convention), Habeas Corpus cases and child relocation.

We also represent clients in New Zealand family law when they are living overseas or have assets or businesses interests based internationally. We have a number of clients in China, the United States, Europe and Australia.

We communicate with our overseas clients via Skype, phone and email, at times that are convenient for them. If you are overseas, you can expect the same accessible and responsive service that our clients based in New Zealand appreciate.


Frequently Asked Questions

I’m no longer in New Zealand can I still work with you?

Yes, as long as your case involves New Zealand law, we can work with you. We currently have clients from Europe, Asia, America, Africa and Australia. Take a look at our article on how we can act when you’re in another country and have a look at what our clients from around the world are saying about us. ­

Can my partner take my daughter out of the country without my consent?

Where a child lives is a guardianship issue which ultimately means that both guardians must be consulted, and must consent to, any relocation before it takes place.

If you and your ex-partner cannot agree on where your daughter is to live, the onus is on your ex-partner to make an application to the Court to relocate. However, there are steps that you can take now to prevent your daughter from leaving the country without your consent.

If you would like to discuss these further, contact our office and make an appointment to speak to someone.