How to Act During a Divorce Case, Including in Court
Clients frequently forget that they are subject to scrutiny during the entire divorce process in a case. You will be in a much better position, if you follow some of these strategies:
- Never speak to the opposing lawyer without your lawyer’s presence and permission.
- Never “cc” the opposing lawyer in emails or correspondence. All communications should come from your lawyer directly.
- Never show any emotion or attitude towards your opposition.
- Do not speak or react when the Judge is talking.
- Do not disclose any witnesses or strategy you may call, if your case proceeds to a hearing.
“The information posted on this website is prepared for a general audience, without investigation into the facts of any particular case. This information is no substitute for legal advice and does not create a lawyer-client relationship; you are advised to consult with a lawyer on any legal issue.”